Thursday, October 23, 2014

"Another One Bites the Dust"

So, really, I have not been having the best week so far.  I will not bore you with the details because that would sound a lot like a whiny child, and, well, I can hear Barbara (my MIL) say in her sweet and truthful way "Well, you know, first world problems."

The main cause?  Yesterday, the Jeep received news that sounded a lot like a medical diagnosis, which included words like "structural damage" and "terminal."  To the Nervous Nelly's: no, we did not have a car wreck.  

My poor Jeep has finally bit the dust.  Quite literally, actually.  The body structure under the car is literally turning to rusty dust.  And there's really not much we can do about it.  :(  

Matt and I have had several friends who were able to pull off only having one car and I really applaud them.  I will just be truthful and say that, though I try to put on a better face, deep down I know that I am NOT one of those people and for various reasons: different work schedules, last-minute activities, running errands during lunch breaks... blah, blah, blah.

Really, I'm just that whiny child.  I wonder what interesting things might happen now that my 'freedom' is just a little more restricted.  I wonder how God will use this to teach me something.  It's probably patience, because let's face it, Matt got that in spades and I did not.

So, for your listening pleasure...Queen



Just try to keep that out of your head today, I dare ya!

With love and laughter,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. You can also find a photo of the major problem and my short commentary about it here:
    https://plus.google.com/108716974373682159350/posts/SbSmVAcxrP8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your pick looks so graphic. You'd never know from the outside that that was going on!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that the Jeep is turning into rusty-dust! Cars really do represent our freedom. I know that you will rise to the challenge of living frugally in this new way!

    ReplyDelete