Thursday, October 2, 2014

Dogs Are Musical

As many of you probably know, I come from a musical family.  As a result, music is a big part of our family.  I enjoy finding new, cool songs to which I can dance around like a goof cool guy.  It is fortunate for me that I enjoy electronic music (specifically Nu Disco, these days), because the artists that produce electronic music also tend to have a lot of free songs for anyone to download.  It's a really generous and open community with lots of talented underdog musicians.  But I digress.

While searching for interesting songs, I will also occasionally find a neat music video.  Sometimes it's so neat that I want to share it with Ashley.  More often than not, it's only cool to me, but she is gracious enough to humor me anyway.  This brings me to last night.

We have a dog named Dash.  He's still technically a puppy, but he's a 45lb puppy, so I suppose calling him one or the other at this point is just semantics.  Like most young creatures, he LOVES to play, sometimes in spite of tiredness, reason, danger, and whether or not we want to.  I think the only things for him that stand above playing are food and the vacuum, the latter of which he is terrified.

Now, back to the music thing.  I found a really cool video by a group called Pentatonix.



Cool, huh?  Ashley thought so, too, until about halfway through the video.

When Dash started squeaking his ball.

Loudly.

Very loudly.

I imagine his thought process went something like this:
"Hey, you're playing with a loud toy!  I have one of those, too!  See?  I can even play along!"
And thus our little maestro played his own little overture and reduced us both to fits of laughter as we vainly tried to finish the video.

For all the difficulties of having a puppy in his "chewing phase," these moments when he disrupts our normal pattern in an unintended comical way (and they are frequent) make me glad we got him.  He's a pain sometimes, but he marches to the beat of his own drum.

Just like us.

Love and laughter,
Matt


Dash
Dash on the first day we got him.




1 comment: